Our client was left with no internal IT support helpdesk for its satellite offices across Europe. They had signed a one-year contract with a major international IT support organisation, but it was terminated halfway through due to declining service levels and rising costs. The new provider had to be able to get up and running quickly with effective service across all client offices, and also achieve significant cost reductions.
Through the project Allied aimed to:
- Provide an efficient and cost-effective IT helpdesk to support the client’s operations in Europe
- Make an array of flexible resources available as necessary to cover any additional requirements
Allied’s tailored service offer to the customer included:
- Rapid IT helpdesk creation providing overall support for the client’s operations in Europe
- Provision of full-time support people at the client’s four main sites of Amsterdam, London, Milan and Munich
- Supply of support personnel to the client’s medium-sized sites on 2-4 prearranged days per week
- Comprehensive coverage of all other sites through Allied’s European network of support professionals
- Creation of full documentation to enable the client to transfer service to its parent company
- Strengthening of the client’s internal IT structure – complementing it, rather than replacing it
After successful implementation, Allied managed to achieve:
- Seamless IT support across Europe delivering, in the first
six months: improved performance against SLA, 32% increase in customer satisfaction and 28% reduction in costs
- Top quality ongoing helpdesk support, also covering a wider range of services throughout Europe
- Reduced ongoing risk through Allied’s ‘partnering for profit’ initiative
Keys to success
Through the project, Allied and our customer have achieved:
- True partnership approach –
“We did not think we could get what we wanted, but Allied Worldwide fits well with our corporate goal to deliver higher levels of user support and satisfaction while reducing costs.”
IT Manager, Major Television Network
- ‘Partnering for proft’ – Allied offers close partnership agreements where it can take on more of your operational risk.
- Strong competence – Allied’s approach enabled it to prove competency in IT helpdesk, then provide support in other areas.