Our client is a leading global digital media company comprising multiple television channels, and offering the best in music, reality TV and other programming. They had been outsourcing their IT services for a number of years but were increasingly finding that, in an era when audiences are demanding ever-faster innovation, traditional contract-driven arrangements were too inflexible and costly. They wanted a more flexible partner who could help them plan and deliver IT services globally, and also share the associated risks and rewards.
Through the project Allied aimed to:
- Provide a strategy roadmap that would address the challenges faced by the client’s IT operations and help them better cope with globalisation
- Integrate information from various systems and locations around the world, and include IT within the company’s strategic plan
Allied’s tailored service offer to the customer included:
- Scoping study to understand existing internal client processes and external outsourced processes
- Creation of project report, including clear strategic roadmap, processes, checklists and templates
- Identification of IT functions that were considered strategic versus those that could be outsourced
- Implementation of a flexible IT partnership strategy, where Allied provided a number of global services at defined rates – strategic IT consulting, project management, change management, enterprise architecture, benefits realisation – enabling the client to take control of its IT costs
- Freedom for the client to supplement its in-house teams with exactly the skills and resources it needs, without the loss of management control that often accompanies outsourcing
After successful implementation, Allied managed to achieve:
- Greater operational and cost efficiencies through improved integration of IT systems and better communication across all business functions and platforms
- Far less time spent on internal processes – approximately 18% less per IT employee
Keys to success
Through the project, Allied and our customer have achieved:
- Customer satisfaction –
“Allied’s approach and highly skilled team addressed all angles of the project from start to finish. We were offered a holistic solution by Allied’s agile team of specialists, and most importantly the capabilities to carry out work in diverse environments. We will certainly work with Allied again.”
Group Head of IT, Major Television Network
- Promoting core values – Allied is building on the success of the technology integration to help cement the client’s core values throughout the organisation.
- Global infrastructure – Allied’s global infrastructure and multi-lingual workforce helped ensure the project’s smooth running.